Ormond Quay Paternity Services specialise in Legal DNA Testing and our test results resolve family law matters such as child support, child custody, divorce, inheritance and probate. We have conducted tests for the legal aid board, the HSE and the majority of family lawyers in Ireland.
Legal Paternity DNA Test
At OQPS we handle all aspects of Legal DNA testing process. Where required we liaise with each party’s solicitors to organise the DNA test appointments with our independent third party doctors. We can accommodate separate DNA sample collection appointments for the mother and child and the alleged father.
We work with a large network of independent third-party doctors in Ireland and all over the world.
Our Legal paternity testing procedure follows a strict chain of custody which ensures that our test results are legally defensible in court.
Strict chain of custody requires that the samples are collected by a doctor, photo identification is taken from all parties along with 2 recent passport photographs and DNA samples are securely packed for transit to return the case to OQPS, where it is forwarded on to our partner laboratory by DHL. On arrival at the laboratory they are inspected thoroughly for tampering before the DNA analysis process started. DNA analysis takes 4 working day and results are produced and sent to all parties by secure email, on request the report can be posted out via An Post.
To proceed with a legal paternity DNA test please complete a booking form at www.oqps.ie/LEGAL
Once we have received your completed booking form an invoice will be issued to you for payment. On receipt of payment we will dispatch DNA test kit to nominated GP (s) and schedule appointment(s) once the DNA test kit arrives.
- The DNA test is booked and paid for
- Schedule of DNA test appointment (s) for a suitable time and date separate doctors appointments for the mother & child and the alleged father if required
- Once samples have been collected by the doctors they are return to OQPS and then sent directly to the laboratory by DHL on Friday of the week to arrive on Monday
- Results are produced after 4 working days
- Results are issued by secure email to both parties, copy of the report are available by post on request